Saturday, April 5, 2008

Well...

I haven't posted anything lately on here because I haven't had anything to say. And now I do...
Now I have a lot to say.

You want the truth... Youth group sucks. It sucks major. I don't care if you agree with me or not. To me, it sucks. Due to some happenings, I have not gone to youth group for 3 weeks, and from what I have heard from some people, it is a good thing.

We use to have the a group of strong Christians, that shared a tight bond. We use to hang out together, all of us, and make great memories. We use to have a strong support group of multiple friends that could get us through the hard times. Now... now we have gossip, and talking about others behind backs, we no longer hang out, and our support "group" has dwindled in strength. You can deny it all you want, but from the outside looking in, it is all so brutely true.

We are all still strong Christians, I do not doubt that at all. But what has happened is that the Devil is destroying a wonderful thing, and at the moment, he is winning. He has put this lie in our heads that why we don't hang out that much anymore is that "We are reaching out to the new people to help the church." I do not want us to stop reaching out. Reaching out is great. But this should not be our exuse for not hanging out. We still need our other friends to pull us through the hard times. New Christians do not have the same wisdom and understanding that "veteran" Christians do. We still need our close friendships!!! But we can't have a close friendship with anyone if there is gossip and trash talk going around.

I have cried many tears and prayed many prayers over all of us. But now I leave it in all of your hands(and God's). PLEASE!!! I beg you, let us get back to how we use to be, so we can start to grow again and be life giving. Don't let the Devil win.



I do understand that with me being gone for awhile, some of this could have changed. But from my understanding, it hasn't

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash, I agree with you completely. None of us have been close in a long time and it's starting to make my heart break more. I've miss all those times we all spent together as friends. Anyways, miss seeing yah girlie. Hope you're doing fine in life other than that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashiln Bryan said...

i get you, and i want something new. but in order to get something new, we have to fix what is going on rite now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashiln Bryan said...

yeah, i was unable to attend that "vision" meeting. so i guess i'm just not on the same page as everyone else

Amanda said...

hey. (i miss you.)

you're right. friendships are all different now. there are people that feel like people don't like them and that puts strains - but no one tries to make it better. there are friendships that ended terribly or unhealthily and ones that are strained even if they are not totally broken. No matter how much we want to always say what's on our minds, sometimes we don't and so therefore uneasiness creeps in.

I think I've come to a point where I've heard it from each and every side. And everytime I do, I want to say enough to make things right, but I know that will never happen unless the people involved care enough to fix it and are the ones saying it. A friendship can't be fixed unless BOTH people are willing to try.

I agree with - we can't get to the new without remembering the old. I just don't think that it's possible. Especially if there are still friendships hanging in there between the old and new. Does that make sense? Like, they arn't totally broken, but they need fixing.

But I also agree with what Rachel is saying because I understand re-developing certain friendships to make them more beautiful than what they are instead of focusing on what they were.

And some can't be just fixed by going to the new. They need to be halted and brought out in the open, and fixed. Then they can walk into the new together.

There are so many gray areas. Some friendships probably aren't going to be fixed. And that's gotta be ok because mistakes were made along the way, and maybe time will heal them, but as for now, they will remain broken.

Don't give up on our youth group. please. Come back. I want to see you more. There are people that care about you. Things are never going to be perfect. Our youth group is a group full of people - so it's a promise that things are not going to be perfect.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.